Ladies 1s League Roundup

On Saturday 13th October, Dunfermline ladies firsts took on Eskvale twos during the weekend at their home ground of Woodmill.
The game started off and with the weather being miserable and wet the girls managed to take an very early lead from the start. The girls began to put pressure on the opposition well and remained in possession for almost all of the first half. Multiple shots on goal and with some failed attempts the girls finally managed to find the back of the goal a further 4 times both from open play and short corners making the final score at half time 5-0.
During the second half Dunfermline continued to push towards Eskvales goal and it didn’t take long before they were rewarded with another goal from outer play. Eskvale tried to force Carnegie out of there half but with Carnegie being the stronger team, they managed to continually venture towards the Eskvales goal and would not let Eskvale wander out of their half. And things only kept getting better for Dunfermline in the second half when they managed to score a total of 5 more goals.
Carnegie worked hard and had a good team ethic helping Dunfermline keep control on the ball and play it around the opposition, multiple times. Dunfermline held the game well with their defence securing the ball away from the the centre pitch and the midfield and strike remaining strong throughout the middle, a lot of work was produced from the team as a whole and the girls made this game a successful one. With the girls determined to remain top of the table they were rewarded.
Goals scorers were Niamh Burns (3)and MVP, Gillian Oswald( 2), Mercedes Black(2), Heather Gray, Kerry Jackson and Hannah Kenyon scored one each.
The girls have a break next week before they are back in action on the 27th away to play civil service.

On Saturday 27th October, Dunfermline 1s were at home to Civil Service 1`s on a cold but sunny day. From the start Dunfermline passed the ball around well putting pressure on the Civil Service defence and gaining many shooting opportunities which were kept out by some great saves from the opposition goalkeeper. Against the run of play Civil Service came close to scoring with a one on one with keeper Nicola Crawford which saw Nicola winning a tackle on the edge of the D. The first half ended 0-0.
In the second half Dunfermline kept up the pressure winning several penalty corners but they were unable to beat the Civil service goalkeeper. The last ten minutes saw a constant attack from Dunfermline but despite a great team effort were unable to score.
Game ended 0-0. MVP was Nicola Crawford.